Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Swansea Bay media folk celebrate awards

Broadcasters at Swansea Bay radio station Afan FM are celebrating some awards success.
The High Sheriff of Swansea has commended several presenters for their volunteer work.
Sam Vaughan, right above, of the After Hours evening show and the young members of Teen Voice, below, were honoured for their dedication to volunteering.
Sam said: “It’s an honour to be recognised for my work at Afan FM and I thank Afan FM for supporting me.”
Station manager Hannah Lewis said: “I thank all the volunteers at Afan. Everyone gives their time to make sure Neath Port Talbot has a voice.
"I thank the High Sheriff for saluting Sam and our Teen Voice group for their hard work over the past year and a half. I congratulate all the other winners of this worthy award.”
To become a volunteer at Afan, in presenting, journalism or production, email studio@afanfm.co.uk.


No comments:

Post a Comment